11.03.2014

Care to help me out a bit?



You may, or may not, have noticed that I updated my bio up there on the right side of the screen to reference another blog I call "Confused Cushie". 'Cushie' is a slang term for a person who has Cushing's Disease or Syndrome and, when I started the blog I was 'confused' about whether or not I might have it, I've since been officially diagnosed with Cushing's Disease. Blah! Sucksbummer. Cushing's Disease is most commonly caused by a small tumor on you pituitary gland in the South Pole region of your brain. It's a condition where your body is under a hormonal stress state almost constantly and leads to muscular and bone degradation, severe fatigue, problems sleeping, irritation and extreme emotions, and pretty much a load of crap that makes life suck a lot until you die from heart disease or diabetes complications or get seizures and broken bones and other terrible stuff that Cushing's put you on the path to. It's, essentially, not a ton of fun. I'm very fortunate to have caught my symptoms and gotten a diagnosis before I've progressed to a point of no return and I've been cleared for surgery at any time. I'd really like to get that surgery in order to avoid the aforementioned stuff that blows, as I would very much like to not die.

Unfortunately, I'm already scraping the barrel to try to afford medications and supplements that I can't actually afford and know that, due to the condition being rare, few neurosurgeons have a lot of experience doing pituitary surgery so it appears I may have additional costs for traveling out of state to find a great surgeon on top of all of the expected hospital costs. And that hasn't even gotten into the many months of post-surgery recovery and hormone replacement adventure. Even with insurance, which I don't currently have, but hope to have soon, it's still going to be pretty mind boggling! I know that many people have been touched by some kind of serious disease or condition in their lives, whether personally or through someone they love, so I'm sure lots of people have the misfortune to understand the kind of pressure and stress that comes from knowing you need treatment but wondering how to pay for it. Sometimes I feel almost as stressed out about how I'm supposed to afford treatment as I am that I need treatment at all! It's hard to wrap your mind around really being ill, despite frequently feeling like crap. It's not at all as hard to picture bills though. That part is really easy to wrap my mind around. : )



The Cushing's Awareness Ribbon, made floral style!

I've decided to put everything in my shop on sale in hopes of drumming up a bit more business. I'm hoping to create some new things I've had working in the back of my mind for a while as well that are not floral designs, but still have a rad vibe. If there's a chance I can make some money with my art while saving person who desires said art at a great price, why, I think that could make two people very happy. That/'s what they call a win/win right there, I think!

Over the next couple days I'm going to be restoring expired listings to my Etsy store and over the next couple months I hope to upload new designs and new objects. I'd love if people could remember me whenever they feel that itch for a special treasure or next time they're doing gift shopping. I'd also love if people were willing to spread the word about my shop to someone they think might appreciate it. : )



Click here if you'd like to go to my Etsy!

Thanks so much for checking out my post and for anyone who's willing or able to support my fundraising efforts or to spread the word to someone they think might be interested. I'd love your help to help me help myself. It's a really big help!

Wishing you all well, 
Meander

No comments:

Post a Comment